Elder Law strategies will often involve transferring real estate out of your name, so it will not be counted as one your “resources” for Medicaid eligibility purposes, or become subject to a Medicaid lien or claim.

If you transfer your house, condo or co-op to someone else such as a child, or into a Trust, a new Deed will need to be prepared and filed. The real estate will now belong to someone else or to the Trust, and will no longer belong to you. However, you can still be permitted to live in your home. Whether you are transferring or selling your real estate, Lamson & Cutner can prepare and file all deeds as appropriate as part of its services.

Download our Estate Planning Handout

visit our key practice areas

Find Your Situation:

Find Your Situation